The Australian Privacy Principles
The Company is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”). The APPs establish minimum standards for the private sector in relation to the collection, handling, use, disclosure, management, access, correction and disposal of ‘personal information’ about natural persons. In summary, ‘personal information’ is information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
How We Collect Personal Information
The Company collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to the Company through the Website, in person, by phone or in writing (whether by email, through surveys or any other electronic or other means);
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case the Company records information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other device you are using to access the Website; and
- from third parties such as the Company’s Related Entities, service providers to the Company, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
In some circumstances, personal information is provided to us by third parties or other organisations conducting activities on your behalf. With your expressed or implied consent, your personal information may be used and disclosed to us this way.
What We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with our services (“Services”):
- your name, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, and other contact information;
- any other information provided by you to us including without limitation through use of the Website or Services;
- personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content, our Services and our advertising, including without limitation device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data; and
- any other information we consider may assist us in providing or marketing our Services. We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. The Website including related sites such as our Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn or other social media pages are not intentionally designed for or directed at children.
Automatic Collection of Your Personal Information
When you visit our Website, our Internet Service Provider automatically records the following information about you:
- your server address;
- the website you visited immediately prior to ours;
- your domain name;
- date and time of your visit to our Website;
- pages you accessed and the information or documents you downloaded;
- type of browser you used; and
- any other information we request our Internet Service Provider to record from time to time.
How Personal Information is Used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide the Services in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing, sharing and disclosing your personal information to:
- conduct our business, generate content and provide customer support and payment services (including updates and improvements);
- provide, administer, market and manage the Services;
- research, develop and improve the Services;
- communicate with you;
- conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with the Services;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- comply with our legal obligations, a request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Website and updates to the Website from time to time;
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your ad customisation preferences; or
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety.
If you access the Website from a shared device or a device of a third party (such as in an internet cafe), your personal information may also be available to other persons who access that device.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- our staff members;
- other companies, organisations and contractors and outsourced service providers who assist us to provide, or who perform the Services we provide to you, including:
- information technology service providers;
- mailing houses;
- market research organisations; and
- specialist consultants;
- your authorised representatives;
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that anyone to whom we disclose your personal information respects the confidentiality of the information and abides by the APPs or equivalent privacy laws.
Generally we are unlikely to disclose your information to entities based overseas, however in limited circumstances this may occur (such as if our servers are located overseas). Such disclosure will comply with the APPs.
Cookies may be used to provide you with the Services, including to identify you as a user of the Website, remember your preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). The Company is not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
Storage and Security
We store, protect and process your personal information by taking reasonable steps. The reasonable steps we take include protecting the information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the APPs, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
Access to Information
Subject to the Privacy Act, you may request to access the personal information we hold about you by emailing us at the address listed under “Contact Us” below. All requests for access will be processed within a reasonable time.
In certain instances we may not be required or able to provide you with access to your personal information. If this occurs we will give you reasons for our decision not to provide you with such access to your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, we may charge an administrative fee for the provision of information in certain circumstances such as if you make repeated requests for information or where the information is held by a third party provider.
The Company endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe the personal information we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and generally we will amend it upon request. If we disagree with your request, we will only do so on reasonable grounds and we will let you know the reasons for the refusal.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by emailing us at the email address listed under “Contact Us”.